Saturday, February 12, 2011

From Here I Think

  
"From Here I Think”

From here I think,
The closest we can ever be to God.
Is in the understanding of the reason,
Of a roaring crowds applause.

Or perhaps inside the wind,
When it’s blowing through the trees.
Or when we sympathize and understand,
The crying on their knees.

Maybe in the simplistic beauty,
Of a baby’s stretching yawn.
Or somewhere in the vast clarity,
Of a mornings shining dawn.

Sometimes in the reflective beauty,
Of the slowly flowing stream.
Most certainly in the child sleeping,
Untapped potential of unrealized dreams.

Danny Gunter
2-12-2011

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I feel the same way sometimes. It's all in the simple stuff. The last 2 lines especially speak to me. Oh how we grow old and cynical and so often forget our own dreams.

    ReplyDelete