Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Remembering


    

  

“Remembering”

 

Ashes.

Where I was born.

I was already in the ashes of embers.

Remembering the fires.

Feeling all the crashes.

 

They all fought and struggled,

My parents and all of them.

I suppose they all think I do not remember,

Way back then.

 

I do not remember the facts,

But I do remember the feelings.

It is not a side show,

Of remembering’s.

 

I was a witness,

To all the burnings.

While everyone was experiencing,

While everyone was hurting.

 

I promised myself I would not.

Not ever experience anything like that.

But once and just once I did.

And it hurt me just like that.

 

I knew so much better,

But I let it in anyway.

What else have I,

To say?

 

Ashes,

It all ended in ashes and embers.

I promised myself that I would not.

But I hid.

And my empathy remembers.

What I did.

Since I was born in ashes.

 

Dg

Danny Gunter

10-06-20


No comments:

Post a Comment