Sunday, October 18, 2020

Narcissist


    

“Narcissist”

 

Definition: noun

1. a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.

 

I feel selfish,

Like a narcissist right now.

All my writings are so self-involved,

I feel blinded and I do not know how.

 

Because they are,

My personal feelings are only the view from me.

My feelings are just all,

I can see.

 

Millions of people,

Have suffered so much more.

In ways I can only attempt to empathize,

Still I do not know what is in store.

 

For our country,

For all the people of the entire world.

If I could fix it,

Only if I could.

 

But I cannot,

I am terrified, like everyone with a rational self.

Our world has changed.

I do realize this myself.

 

I cannot speak for everyone,

In the world.

But I honestly would.

If only I could.

 

Dg

Danny Gunter

10-18-20

 

#poem #poetry #writing


No comments:

Post a Comment