Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Anybody



“Anybody”
 
At some point,
Someone is going to tell you,
That it’s normal.
Or it’s ok,
For someone to treat you like that.
    
I say back up,
Don’t let them act like that.
   
You’ve people who're blood,
True friends.
True family,
     
Making them a part of you.
  Anybody else better be able to explain.
The how and why’s of what they do.
 
I’m sorry.
  
I’m sorry.
   
I must draw the line.
Between what’s acceptable,
And what leaves me fine.
    
We already know,
Who can make excusable mistakes.
 
You can look on a sunset knowing it’s ok.
They’re true.
If you’re lucky.
They’ll be here after today.
  
Everybody and I mean anybody else.
You invite.
  
   Into your life isn't entitled that luxury.
Nobody.
I do mean anybody else,
Better have a damn good explanation,
If they mistreat me.
    
Never let anybody,
Treat you less than you.
 
Big speech bigoted morality,
 
Still truth
It's true.
    
Danny Gunter

04-19-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment