Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Evermore

  
  
  “The Evermore”

 
I did not speak,
At his remembrance,
There were no words that fell,
Or spoken from my lips.
 
I was attempting to be kind,
I was attempting to keep us whole.
I could of course tried to call out to people.
But I knew what he wanted in his soul.
 
You can accuse me of being biased,
Accuse me of being hate filled and hurt,
But I was there when his family fought,
Past and beyond his mother, on grandma’s dirt.
 
But he knew,
In fact, he often asked.
Why they did not visit or did not call.
I lied because I knew my task.
 
I cannot deviate to anyone.
Never to or for anyone evermore.
You must live with it.
For the evermore.
 
And you can stand to your standard,
Of the evermore.
But you do know,
The result of your evermore.
 
He would not approve,
He would not be forgiving,
Not after his own siblings and the life he lived.
So, in my conclusion it is you,
Who needs to find your soul to forgive,
In the evermore.
 
Dg
Danny Gunter
9-17-20


 

No comments:

Post a Comment