Sunday, September 20, 2020

Lucid


   

  

“Lucid”

 

For the last ten years,

I have done my best to hold my ground.

And you were comfortable.

Knowing I would be around.

 

I gave up a lot,

Maybe I can regain.

Somewhere beyond,

Somewhere past the pain.

 

Pain is such a broad word,

So many times, it cannot carry forward.

The sacrifice,

The words untold.

 

I was here if you believe it or not,

I was here, despite the fear.

Of where I would fit,

Let alone belong, without a care.

 

But I did it and made mistakes,

Do not stop for a moment feeling,

That I was incomplete.


Still I was totally lucid.

I took care of my father.

No mater what you thought of me.

You have always thought the worst of me,

Well now it is all precisely open,

For the world to see.

 

Does it hurt you?

Do you dare?

Am I such a lost cause?

What could possibly make you care?

 

My life is absent,

My life is lucid.

It still flows,

Despite you it is fluid.

 

Dg

Danny Gunter

09-20-20


No comments:

Post a Comment