Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Diminish


  

“Diminish”

  

I write and post my poems,

From a place of emotion.

Regardless of fact or practicality.

This does not diminish,

Any of my family’s devotion.

 

It is how I process,

Trying to put the feelings,

Too many feelings,

Into words.

 

Words are simple,

They are black and white.

In a poem I believe,

I hope to relate to a place or person.

Between the dark and the light.

 

So, when I write,

Of abandonment and fear,

Perhaps it is my unloading,

An attempt to avoid tears.

 

I am not perfect,

Now I feel broken and shattered.

Beyond anyone’s vision, beyond any laws.

Many things old are tattered and frayed.

Much like what I call,

Or what we all call today.

 

When I sit here,

Only in this poem.

They are the facts.

Emotion does not involve legality,

Or practicality.

It simply does not track.

 

Going forward, in my future posts.

Do not blame any of my family.

We are all doing what we must do.

So we all remain intact.

 

Dg

Danny Gunter

09-22-20

 


No comments:

Post a Comment