Sunday, September 27, 2020

Disjointed

  
  

“This poem is fragmented, thoughts and emotions I cannot properly articulate right now. I do not like It, but I am posting it anyway.” - Dg

 

“Disjointed”

 

After I was born,

My first nieces and nephew were born when I was twelve.

In America at least that is a deep moment,

To reflect and just exhale.

 

I had already gone through the divorces,

Already witnessed my own.

My mom, My dad.

I feel for years and years I have not been told.

 

I may be simply confused,

But I am not stupid,

I am not amused.

Something happened and I am confused.

 

I grew up with those children,

More came after the first but my mistakes last.

They would never trust me with their children.

I do understand why and so fast.

 

I am a mess of a person,

Maybe broken,

In a game left silent,

Something left unspoken.

 

For many years,

I have been unworthy of trust.

But I do wonder if this is the best I can do.

Do the simple best I can.

Do what my feelings dictate.

Do what I must.

 

Growing up my constants were them.

I feel I’ve more in common,

With my nieces and nephews,

Than I do with them.

 

But I cannot really speak.

The words are all used and gone.

So lost to me are my most kindred.

Those I have relied on for so long.

 

In writing this I cast no judgment.

I understand the cause.

This is my failing.

For many years now my life has been on pause.

 

Dg

Danny Gunter

09-27-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment