Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Revolving Door



"A Revolving Door"

I believe life is like,
A revolving door.
In the rotation you find things,
That should stay or not reside anymore.

Pleasing and hurtful are assigned a floor.
The important is destined a penthouse suite.
Sometimes the alarm sounds,
And you must retreat.

Stand by the curb,
Evaluating potential harm.
A fire, a storm but the same feelings,
Sound the alarms.

I got a message,
From an old friend today.
Departing a new place.
New is a word I choose to say.

For everyone in my life,
I’ve chipped a place in my heart for you.
Most chips are filled with a warm,
But a few are zero cold its true.
 
I can go years,
And say hello like its yesterday.
The universe knows that I never,
Run out of things to say.

So I hope that you and I,
Share a star in the sky.
I’ll not forget,
Even though I cried.

I’m home knowing life is like,
A revolving door.
In the rotation you find the things,
That should warm or grow cold evermore.

Danny Gunter
Dg
11-5-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment