Friday, March 26, 2010

The Final Curtain Call

“The Final Curtain Call”
~ ~ ~
The credits have been rolling
For years now
I still glance back and wonder
Why and how
~
These only a few words
Of thousands I wrote
I still glance back and wonder
How it ended on such an empty note
~
Does it cross your mind
At this the final curtain call
Does it ever cross your mind
At all
~
I wonder
If you ever realized
That I loved you entirely
Amidst these cries
~
Not that it matters
Not anymore
I am simply not the same person
I was before
~
The curtain is about to fall
And the lights will fade to black
As I go with heavy heart knowing
I will not look back
~
And it seems
It is my time to bow
And take my leave
At least for now
~
There are tomorrows
That I must explore
I am not the same person
As before
~
But does it cross your mind
As the final curtain falls
Does it ever cross your mind
At all
.
D
04/29/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment