Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Lonely



“The Lonely”

Was I nine?
Or all of ten?
When I learned of The lonely.
I knew about it way back then.
  
The lonely,
I don’t think I’d wish that on anyone.
Even after all the hate filled words,
Have been poured out against everyone.
     
The lonely,
We all get lost, 
I could wish that hurt for you,
But weren’t we star crossed?
    
The lonely,
I guess we all have it,
We are all exposed.
I just never had,
Immunity to what I chose.
   
So my soul withers.
I never understood the choice.
I know you said you would be here always.
Even though I heard, it must not have been your voice.
   
And I am getting by.
I can manage myself from day to day.
I just have to remind myself.
That no one means, they never believe,
Any of what they say.
  
Dg
Danny Gunter
12-14-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment