Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Don’t Like the Sound


“I Don’t Like the Sound”

I was handed a spark.
It happened a long time ago.
But what am I to do with it,
Is what I’d like to know?

I’ve no grievances,
With sickness, need or death.
I understand why we breathe,
Why we must draw breath.

I get that thinking too little of another,
Living creature is somehow wrong.
I understand my place,
I know my family is strong.

For the better part of my life,
I couldn’t understand hate.
That soundless blinding rage,
That should only be delivered by fate.

I’m not so stupid that I don’t understand,
What I was gifted deep inside my soul.
I’m not so unseeing,
That I don’t understand the possible toll.

I know you do it within risk,
I know you do it within trust.
But doing it is not an obligation.
I don’t believe that you must.
   
I believe that this place,
Is our battleground.
And I’m tired of my voice,
I don’t like the sound.

Because I was handed a spark.
It happened a long time ago.
What should I to do with it,
I’d like to know?

Danny Gunter
03-31-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment