Thursday, November 26, 2009

Remembering The Memories


 
 “Remembering The Memories”

A flash.
A moment.

Some tears,
Fall from my eyes.
Happy moments equal tears?
I should not have to cry.
 
Memories built on a foundation,
That always knew.
It would always be alone,
Somehow knowing it was true

Memories built on lies,
On the power of pure belief.
Up high upon a tower,
Where no force can offer relief.

Memories, memories.
Sadness burrows into he smiles.
Laughter fades,
Against the years and the miles.

Memories…

Some can make me smile,
But they all make me sad.
Remembering the memories,
That I never should have had.

d
11-26-09

I know the territory,
I’ve been around.
It’ll all turn to dust,
And we’ll all fall down.

*the stanza above isn’t mine it’s from the song by MeatLoaf, “I Would Do Anything For Love”.

No comments:

Post a Comment