Saturday, November 21, 2009

It Shouldn't Take Too Long



"It Shouldn’t Take Too Long"


Would you tell me a story?
Or sing for me a song?
I just really need to rest a bit. It shouldn’t be too long.

Tell a story, full of dreams, that can come true.
Where the love of your life, is holding fast to you.

With kisses in the morning and I love you more goodnights.
Reaching out, to touch your hair, in the warmth of morning light.

True to each other, as we promised we would be.
You know I am here for you.
As I know you are for me.

Can you tell me a story?
Or sing for me a song?
I just need to rest a bit. It shouldn’t be too long.

I fear this part of me is dying and just about to fade.

The part of me, that can believe, is about to be unmade.

So please whisper me the story.
So please whisper me the song.

I just need to close my eyes.
It shouldn’t take too long.

Dg
12/05

No comments:

Post a Comment