Saturday, November 21, 2009

I ROAR OUT AGAINST THE DARK


"I Roar Out Against The Dark"


My eyes flutter open
Something passes over me
This is so dark a place
How has this come to be

I know I have been chained
For far too long
The chains are so heavy
They are so strong

The weary starts to take me
The peaceful void of sleep
Something stirs within me
Something buried deep

The smallest voice
Speaks within
My eyes flash open
Wide again

The darkness knows
That it cannot hide
But still it swells
As I reach out my mind

The darkness tries
To wrap me tight
But past the dark
I sense the light

I take a hold
I beckon it in
The darkness knows
It cannot win

I raise my head
Against my fears
Lying in puddles
Of wasted tears

The chains now old
Are covered with rust
So tired, so heavy
But I know that I must

I stretch myself
I break the chains

I roar out against the dark

Dg - 12/05 

No comments:

Post a Comment